Outstanding Alumni in Research or Innovation
Asst. Prof. Dr. Songgrod Phimpisan
Deputy Dean, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Science, Kalasin University
Asst. Prof. Dr. Songgrod Phimphisan, a 6th batch CS alumnus, graduated from the faculty of Science, Mahidol University majoring in Computer Science in 1996. He held several education related positions as follow:
- Vice President for Academic Affairs, Kalasin Rajabhat University
- Assistant to the President, Kalasin Rajabhat University
- Head of Research and Development Department, Kalasin Rajabhat University
- Committee of Computer System Supply, Ministry of Interior (Provincial-Level)
Asst. Prof. Dr. Songgrod Phimphisan had done a lot of academic jobs and researches. Some of his outstanding researches were “Highly Linear Bipolar Transconductor, 10.7-MHz Fully Balanced, High-Q, Current-Tunable Gm-C Bandpass Filter with CAPRIO Technique” which was presented at the International Workshop on Advanced E-Learning 2018 (AEL2018) in China and “An Approach for CNN Model of edge detection on germinated parboiled rice (Hang rice)” which was presented at the 9th International Science, Social Science, Engineering and Energy Conference in Thailand.
In reference to his educational success as well as his outstanding work experiences, it showed that Asst. Prof. Dr. Songgrod Phimphisan was hard-working and cherished an intention of doing academic affairs as well as research works. Therefore, the Outstanding Alumni Selection Committee had honored him as the Outstanding Alumni in Research or Innovation of the year 2018.
Outstanding Alumni Volunteer
Mr. Nattapol Youngpolkan
Audio-Visual Technical Officer, The Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University
Mr. Nattapol Youngpolkan, a 5th batch ICT alumnus, graduated from the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University in 2011. He is skillfull in using amateur radio and Automated External Defibrillator (AED). He also underwent the fist-aid training to help others in cases of medical emergency or accident. In addition, he is always dedicated to serve the community and being involved in social activities as follow:
- Volunteer for Surgico Medical Ambulance and Rescue Team (S.M.A.R.T), Vajira Hospital
- Volunteer for people who came to pay a final tribute and farewell to His Majesty The Late King
- Volunteer for medical unit at the Royal Cremation Ceremony of His Majesty The Late King
- Volunteer for Surgico Medical Ambulance and Rescue Team (S.M.A.R.T), Vajira Hospital at BDMS Bangkok Marathon 2017
Everyday, Mr. Nattapol Youngpolkan is always ready to help others in cases of medical emergency or accident.
In reference to his voluntary activities, the Outstanding Alumni Selection Committee had honored him as the Outstanding Alumni Volunteer of the year 2018.
Outstanding Alumni in Management or Career Success
Mr. Thanachot Wisuttismarn
CEO at Likeme Group
Mr. Thanachot Wisuttismarn, a 5th batch ICT alumnus, graduated from the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University in 2010. He has considerable expertise in digital media and always have the enthusiasm for creating innovative product concepts. To serve in digital media production, he founded the company named “Likeme Group” which consists of a subsidiary companies as follow:
- Likeme Thailand
- Infographic Thailand
- Infomotion Thailand
- Likeme Agency
- Next Empire
- Big Thought
- Contech Thailand
In addition, Mr. Thanachot Wisuttismarn was also invited as a judge and a guest speaker by famous organizations as follow:
- Judge of Angel in the City (Round I, II, III), organized by DEPA
- External Committee for AIS Monthly Startup Pitching, AIS Startup
- Being selected as one of the 100 Faces of Thailand’s Innovation Inspirers, organized by NIA
- Guest speaker in “Startup Presentation Design” at Angel in the City, organized by DEPA
- Guest speaker in Startup Journey Experience Sharing, Entrepreneurship Class at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Guest speaker on “Startup Journey and Modern Management”, Strategic Modern Management Class at Thammasat University
In reference to his outstanding work experiences as a CEO of digital media group as well as his several achievements, the Outstanding Alumni Selection Committee had honored him as the Outstanding Alumni in Management or Career Success of the year 2018.
Outstanding Young Alumni Thinker
Mr. Chanakarn Chinchatchawal
Founder & CEO of award winning startup company, Zwiz.AI / Robolingo Co., Ltd.
Mr. Chanakarn Chinchatchawal, a 7th batch ICT alumnus, graduated from the Faculty of ICT, Mahidol University in 2012. He has particular expertise in Chatbot so he founded the startup company named “Robolingo” to develop the chatbot content management system (Zwiz.AI Chatbot CMS). His project, Zwiz.AI Chatbot CMS, won a “Rising Star” award and received a seed funding from Siam Innovation District Program (100SID). At present, he and his team have developed the chatbot content management system for many organizations, such as JS100 Radio, AomMoney, Tuinui Bot, faculty of ICT and so on.
Before founding his startup company, Mr. Chanakarn Chinchatchawal worked as Senior Consultant at IBM Thailand. Then, he pursued his Master of Science in Computing (Artificial Intelligence) – with Distinction at Imperial College London, England and came back to found his own startup company in 2017.
In reference to his outstanding chatbot experiences and achievement in founding his startup company at the age of 27, the Outstanding Alumni Selection Committee had honored him as the Young Alumni Thinker of the year 2018.